The app connects to your Smart TV over the network. Make sure your device and Smart TV are connected to the same network. If possible, connect your Smart TV using an Ethernet cable; if not, check the WiFi settings on your TV and ensure it’s connected to your network.
To control Android TV (many brands like Sony and Philips are using the Android TV operating system to power their TVs) and Amazon Fire TV, you must enable ‘Developer Mode’ on your TV. The settings can look a little different on your TV but generally speaking:
- Open the Settings view
- Select Device Preferences
- Select About
- Scroll down until you find Build information
- Click on Build info until you see the message “You are now a developer”
- Go back to Device Preferences
- Scroll until you find “Developer Options”
- Enable USB debugging
- Enable Wireless display certification
- Now you should see an alert asking to allow USB debugging; check the “Always allow from this computer” checkbox and click OK
Now you should be able to control your Android or Amazon Fire TV with the app.